Please be aware some application processes may differ from that outlined below – this is dependant on individual circumstances. All applications are subject to satisfactory referencing and contract.
Application and Eligibility
Any persons wishing to rent a property from Lafford Homes Limited must complete an application form before any viewing can be arranged. You can request an application form by using our contact form or emailing [email protected] .
Applicants will only be considered if they are able to evidence all of the following:
- Aged over 18 years
- Have the right to rent in the UK
- Can afford for the rent for the individual property being considered
- Do not have any current outstanding debts with landlords
- not demonstrated unacceptable behaviour in the last 2 years
- not been found guilty of serious criminal activity in the locality of, or associated with, their home
- not considered a risk to the community where the property in which they have expressed an interest is located.
- Not published on the individual Insolvency register and/or subject to a current bankruptcy order. You may still be able to apply with a Guarantor or pay 6 months rent in advance, however this will be determined on an individual basis depending on the circumstances and is not guaranteed. Please contact the office for further advice.
If your application meets our minimum requirements you will be contacted to arrange a property viewing, once Government restrictions regarding Covid-19 are lifted and we are able.
If, after viewing, you decide to pursue an application for the property, you will be subject to eligibility assessments, including (but not limited to):
- Current and former landlord references
- Credit reference
- Right to rent
Successful applicants will be offered an Assured Shorthold Tenancy of 6 months which, subject to no tenancy breeches, will be rolled on a monthly basis. It is Lafford Homes Limited’s intention to sustain tenancies for as long as it is appropriate for both parties.
The monthly rent, and any associated charges, will be included when advertising. Rent is payable by standing order on the 1st of every month.
Lafford Homes Ltd. charge no application or processing fees.
Tenancy Deposit Scheme will be used for all deposits on a custodial basis, this means the deposit will be held by an independent third party. The amount of deposit will vary depending on property and an individual’s circumstances but will be a minimum of one months rent.
Pets will be considered at most properties, however you must apply for permission at the time of application (or during your tenancy if you are already a tenant). Some of our properties are not suitable for cats or dogs – this will usually be stated on the property advertisement.