Any persons wishing to rent a property from Lafford Homes Limited must complete an Enquiry Form before any viewing can be arranged. Please read the information below carefully before completing your Enquiry Form
Please be aware some application processes may differ from that outlined below – this is dependant on individual circumstances. All tenancy applications are subject to satisfactory referencing and contract.
- Read the property advertisement carefully
- Our advertisements contain lots of information about the property, including a location map, photographs and floor plans with room dimensions where possible. Please consider the details fully before you submit an Enquiry Form
- Check the availability date to ensure it meets your needs before you submit an Enquiry Form
- Make an Enquiry
- Complete an Enquiry Form
- You will receive a confirmation email and a unique reference – keep this safe in case of any queries.
- You will be contacted within 2 working days to arrange a viewing – please be aware that we cannot currently arrange viewings at weekends or after 5.30pm. Due to Covid-19 restrictions we are also currently only able to offer viewings once the property has been vacated by the previous tenant; please check the property availability date on the advertisement. Viewings are usually available approximately 2 weeks before the availability date.
- Viewings will be arranged in the order enquiry forms are received where possible.
- If you would like us to, we can process a full application in anticipation of viewing – this speeds up the process if you decide you would like to apply for a tenancy after viewing. Ask us about this if it’s something you’d like us to do. It also helps us to process your application more quickly if you can gather the documents we will need in advance (see point 4).
- View the Property
- A member of our team will meet you at the property at the agreed time but will not be able to enter the property with you due to Covid-19 restrictions. Please be on time as others may have an appointment to view after you.
- Please remember to maintain social distancing.
- You may be required to wear a mask – for example if another viewing has taken place before, or is arranged for shortly after, yours.
- Complete a Tenancy Application
- If you decide to pursue an application for a tenancy on the property, you will be sent a Tenancy Application Form to complete and asked to provide further information and supporting documentation (see below for details). Applicants will only be considered if they are able to evidence all of the following:
- Aged over 18 years
- Have the right to rent in the UK – We are required by law to confirm the identity and Right to Rent in the UK status of every occupant over the age of 18. This government checklist explains what you will need to provide in order for us to process your application. A passport is ideal but if you do not have a passport you must check that you can provide the other evidence we will need.
- Affordability – Evidence that you can afford the rent, this usually means providing payslips and bank statements from the last 3 months.
- We can process your application more quickly if you are able to provide us with the required documentation in a timely manner. We may process several applications for the same property at the same time, so the more quickly you can provide the information we need, the more likely you are to be offered the tenancy.
- Applications will be prioritised in the order all information is received, however, please note, if multiple applications are received they will be processed in accordance with Lafford Homes’ Lettings Statement.
5. References – We will contact previous landlords and/or employers (with your permission) to verify details you have given us. You must not have any current outstanding debts with landlords. If you are a homeowner you will need to provide a recent mortgage statement.
6. Finalise your Tenancy Application
- We will let you know as soon as your application is approved – this can take up to 10 working days depending on how quickly we are able to obtain the information we need.
- Once you have received confirmation from us, we will be able to offer you a provisional tenancy start date.
- Your tenancy start date will only be confirmed when we have received one month’s rent in advance, plus a deposit – which is usually the equivalent of one months rent.
7. Move In!
- A member of our team will meet you at the property on the agreed date, you will be asked to sign your tenancy agreement and an agreed inventory of condition.
- You will receive a Tenants’ Handbook, containing useful information and contact details.
Successful applicants will be offered an Assured Shorthold Tenancy of 6 months which, subject to no tenancy breeches, will be rolled on a monthly basis. It is Lafford Homes Limited’s intention to sustain tenancies for as long as it is appropriate for both parties.
The monthly rent, and any associated charges, can be found in the property advertisement. Rent is payable by standing order on the 1st of every month. One months rent in advance, plus a deposit equivalent to a minimum of one months rent, will be payable before you start your tenancy.
Lafford Homes Ltd. charge no application or processing fees.
A Tenancy Deposit Scheme will be used for all deposits on a custodial basis, this means the deposit will be held by an independent third party. The amount of deposit will vary depending on property and an individual’s circumstances but will be a minimum of one months rent.
Pets will be considered at most properties, however you must apply for permission at the time of application (or during your tenancy if you are already a tenant). Some of our properties are not suitable for cats or dogs – this will usually be stated on the property advertisement.